Crazy? I was crazy once

Today my husband and I got to talking about mental health. It's a big issue for both of us considering mental illness runs in our families. I have cyclic mood disorder and depression. My husband is bipolar and schizophrenic. It's not easy for either one of us, but it does help that we both understand that there are days that are going to be hard for the other one.

Jason has asked me in the past that if he asks me if I heard that to be completely honest with him because of his schizophrenia. It's not often he asks me, but when he does I do honestly tell him if I heard it or not. He doesn't have episodes because he is medicated, but there's always the chance that his medication will need to be upped or changed to match the changing of his disease. I know that and I knew he was like this before we got together. I haven't tried to change that about him because I can't. I go with him to his doctor appointments so that we can both discuss how the medication is helping him. During the holiday season, it's always harder on someone with a mental illness, but it's a part of their life. I embrace these things about my husband and wouldn't trade him for anyone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello!

Another medicine? I think not doc!

Welcome to October!